FAQ: Registering to Vote on AMVCA 2018
Your AMVCA 2018 Vote Registration questions answered.
1. Do I need to register to Vote if I already registered to vote on Big Brother Naija or The Voice Nigeria?
No, you will not need to register again if you have previously registered on Big Brother Naija or on The Voice Nigeria. You will be able to vote on AMVCA 2018 using your previous login details.
2. I’m trying to register to Vote but I still haven’t received my OTP.
We are aware of the OTP delivery challenge and we are handling this on a case by case basis. Please send your details (DM AfricaMagic with your number, name and network provider) so we can register you manually. Make sure you send your phone number with your country code.
You may also try the below:
3. How to unsubscribe from DND Lists:
When your phone number is on DND, you will no longer receive notification from all of your services that sends notification SMS using third-party SMS services. This includes but is not limited to the following:
- Examination PINs purchased online (eg WAEC, NECO, etc)
- Electricity PINs from the third-parties that sell on behalf of the Electricity Distribution Companies
- Transaction update of online purchases (eg Jumia, Konga, MallforAfrica, etc)
- Updates from your school or that of your children
- Notification and update from your religious organization
- Community alerts (eg Community alert by some NGOs during the Ebola epidemic)
If you miss any of the above messages and will like to continue to receive them, you will need to unsubscribe from the DND by (1) texting STOP to 2442 then (2) text ALLOW to 2442 to start receiving bulk SMS.
If after texting ALLOW to 2442, you are still not receiving third-party SMS, you might have to contact your telecommunication provider.
4. How to opt out on various networks:
- For MTN Lines Text STOP to 2442 and after 5 Minutes Text ALLOW to 2442.
- Source: https://mtnonline.com/dnd
- For AIRTEL lines Text STOP to 2442 and after 5 Minutes Text OUT to 2442
- For GLO/Globacom Lines Text STOP to 2442 and after 5 Minutes Text CANCEL to 2442.
- For ETISALAT Lines Text STOP to 2442 and after 5 Minutes Text START to 2442
- For 9Mobile, follow this handy guide http://9mobile.com.ng/do-not-disturb/
Check out our How to Vote article.
To vote for your favourite nominees in the various categories, click here. Join the conversation on social media using #AMVCA2018. Winners will be announced at a glitzy event on September 01, 2018.